The Hope Cancer Support Centre is a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG), registered in Dublin, Ireland. Registered Number 379457. Registered Office: 22 Weafer Street, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
This privacy statement outlines how the Hope Cancer Support Centre manages the information you provide, while you use this site, in compliance with data protection legislation.
Type of information we collect
The type of information we collect may include personal data which identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. This includes name, postal or email address, telephone number and other contact information you provide on our online forms. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us via our website.
If you make a donation or pay sponsorship money on the website you will be asked to provide your credit/debit card number, we do not receive these details, they are encrypted and transmitted directly to our payment provider Stripe.
How and why we use the information you provide
We process the personal data you provide to us for the following purposes:
- to process your donation/sponsorship money
- to complete your registration for the race
- to respond to your queries and information requests
The Hope Cancer Support Centre will process your personal data based on the following grounds:
- Your consent - where processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract
- Where it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation which the Hope Cancer Support Centre is subject
- Where it is in Hope Cancer Support Centre’s legitimate interest to:
- administer and record your donation /sponsorship money and to keep a record of your relationship with us
- administer your race registration
- follow up with your queries
How long will the Hope Cancer Support Centre retain your personal data?
The Hope Cancer Support Centre holds personal data for a range of time periods, these are guided by our statutory requirements for certain data, our contractual obligations and our business and risk management requirements. The range of time periods is outlined in our GDPR Records Retention Schedule.
Disclosure of information to third parties
We will not trade your personal details with third parties.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Third parties such as Stripe to allow us to process your donation/sponsorship money
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- Where we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
Where data is transferred to another party, we ensure appropriate technical and organisational safeguards are used to protect your personal data.
Where we store your personal data
Data is stored on Salesfore within the EU and is bound by all current EU GDPR regulations.
Your personal data is held on a secure server hosted by our hosting service provider, Blacknight. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot 100% guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet to be secure. However, once we receive your personal data we take all reasonable technical and organisational measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction and to prevent any unauthorised or unlawful disclosure or processing. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
As you use this website technical details in connection with visits to this website are logged by our internet service provider for statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the users webserver
- The top-level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .net, .biz)
- The previous website address from which the user reached us, including any search criteria used.
- Click screen data which shows the traffic of users around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser used by the website user.
Right of access to and updating or deleting your personal data
Under data protection legislation you have the following rights;
- The right to be informed
- The right to access information
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure
- The right to data portability
- The right to object to the processing of personal data
- The right of restriction
- Rights in relation to automated decision making, including profiling
In order to exercise your rights please put your request in writing to the General Manager of the Hope Cancer Support Centre CLG, 22 Weafer Street, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the office of the Data Protection Commission.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding this privacy statement or your personal data using the information below:
General Manager, Hope Cancer Support Centre, 22 Weafer Street, Enniscorthy, Co. Wexford. Phone: 053 9238555
This Privacy Statement will be the subject of change, please check our website frequently to see recent changes.